More and more companies are looking outside their boundaries to fulfill a variety of business functions, including delegating their marketing activities to experienced consultants as a way to optimize costs and increase measurable outcomes from their marketing goals.
Tactically speaking, the launch of a new brand, product or marketing campaign is critical to a firm’s success. The brand building process is extensive, integrated, and requires an experienced marketing team that some businesses may not have at their disposal. According to the Harvard Business Review, 53% of marketing executives are planning to externalize their marketing activities.
The cost of acquiring quality talent for small and medium-sized companies is often prohibitive. The diversity of talent needed to fully execute and measure a successful marketing campaign can be overwhelming.
Contracting an experienced consultancy gives small to medium sized companies:
- Access to the global breadth and diversity of talent they need to get ahead in the marketplace.
- Assurance that customer relationships remain robust as well as ensuring the end user sees the intended value of the campaign.
- Measurable results on a regular basis.
Operating costs are the Achilles’ heel of most businesses. The costs associated with hiring just one experienced marketing manager can seem insurmountable for most small and medium-sized organizations. Experienced consultants can scale their solutions to meet both your marketing efforts and employment costs.
By utilizing a consultancy, your business will be able to:
- Work without a marketing manager.
- Navigate marketing challenges with minimal cost to the organization.
“In a Pitchbook survey about sourcing private equity deal flow, 82% of respondents see brand strength as becoming increasingly important for key stakeholders, including investors, CEOs of target companies, lenders, the media, and potential employees.” – Reuters 2014
Neutrality is often your best ally when developing marketing strategies and solutions. Externalizing your marketing efforts can bring coherence to the multiple visions within your organization and centralize the work with a disciplined and strategic execution plan.
By utilizing a consultancy, your marketing campaigns will be:
- Unique and different from each other, and focused with a fresh perspective on your target audience.
- Launched on new channels, perhaps social media channels you’ve not used in the past, giving you more exposure and potential success.
- Fresh and updated with a wider vision and new perspective that your company may not have had time to consider.
One of the most beneficial outcomes of externalizing marketing efforts is the timely execution of marketing goals. Time is a precious asset when aligning all the activities needed to create and maintain a sound business plan. With the awareness that planning is a fundamental process for business growth, you cannot afford to delay the creation, refinement, and execution of your business plan.
By using a marketing consultancy to execute your marketing campaign, your business will be able to:
- Save time and money.
- Work on multiple marketing campaigns simultaneously.
Get faster results with a dedicated outsourced team vs. an in-house team juggling multiple projects.
Planning and monitoring
Defining goals is essential to produce measurable outcomes for your company. The progress of any plan must be soundly implemented, monitored, tested and revised accordingly.
By using a marketing consultancy to help you plan and monitor your campaigns your company will benefit from:
- Flexibility and ability to adjust your plan without the bias of internal judgments.
- Experienced consultants providing a “down the road” perspective based on experience.
- Monitoring and reporting on results.
Achieving your business goals can be an arduous process without an experienced marketing team, and almost impossible if you don’t have the bandwidth for planning, executing and measuring your efforts. This very delicate balancing act can often be made seamless with the utilization of experienced consultants.
For more information about how we can support your marketing needs, contact us. We’d love to start a conversation.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2015 and has been completely revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.